Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What's happening to me?

Tonight as I walked with my folded clothes up the steps from the laundry room I said a gentle, friendly hello to a cat.

This may seem normal to you, but it's not for me. When did this feline-friendly behavior sneak in? Have I been spending too much time among cat enthusiasts at work? Most likely. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em? Ai yai yai...I'm going to claim instead the "Audrey Hepburn Moment" theory. I am Holly Golightly. The cat is Cat. Still gets me to thinking...geeze Louise.

Oh, guess what! New artist discovery: Ferraby Lionheart. Rainn Wilson (aka Dwight Schrute from The Office) played him while he guest dj'd on my favorite radio station Indie 103.1 last night. Ferraby is kind of folksy, from Nashville. I feel like I've heard of him before, but this is my first listen. Take a little listen yourself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you said hi to the cat!

About two weeks ago as I was leaving the apt. for work, I saw the cat as I turned the corner and also said "hi cat!" Its owner had just let it out of the apartment, so I think they heard me :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one questioning my recent cat-friendly behavior! Some cats aren't worth more than a SHOO, but I'm met a couple of cute ones recently that are kinda cool--one's named Liccorice Nibs (Mr. Nibs for short). But don't expect to hear I've adopted one anytime soon!--Hilary

Anonymous said...

Also...I'll have to look up your musical suggestion. And, if I may, I'd recommend Federico Aubele if you don't have any of his stuff yet. I guess he has a new one out, but I just picked up his 2003 release, Gran Hotel Buenos Aires, and it has been on repeat. --Hilary

Anonymous said...

If either of you girls adopts a cat, make sure you have someone to catsit if you come home:)
Farraby's music sounds like someone from my past, but I can't place him.